We crush the varying Leland Blue stones that we find and we include a variety of stones colors in each earring.
• Earring base and posts are made of 316L Surgical Grade Stainless steel (Hypo-allergenic, does not rust or tarnish, lead, nickel and copper safe)
• Measures approx. 8 mm across front
• Large butterfly earring backs help prevent sagging and ensure comfortable wear
• The stones are crushed and sealed with a specially formulated UV proof and waterproof solution. It will not wash out or soften in water, sun, or heat.
• Available in Silver, Rose Gold and Gold
• Made by hand in Michigan
What is Leland Blue?
Leland Blue is slag leftover from the Industrial smelting industry in Leland Michigan. Slag is a byproduct of the smelting process. Leland Blue is the mix of blue glass with other chemical byproducts — but this varying chemical medley causes the slag to appear blue, purple, gray, or shades of green.
- All orders are shipped in 1-3 business days (please note that custom made items may vary). You will always receive your item in a gift box.